Soup season is definitely upon us and here in Revive Active we love nothing more than a hearty soup to keep us warm as the cold creeps in!
We have recently been experimenting with various soup recipes and vegetable is definitely the favourite here in the office. It is simple and easy to follow so why not try it for yourself today.
- 2 medium Carrots
- 2 stick Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Leek
- 1 medium Onion
- 50g of butter
- 300g of Butternut Squash
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1200ml of stock cube - vegetable or chicken
*This recipe serves 4 people*
1. Chop up all your vegetables
2. Melt your butter in a large saucepan and then add your chopped vegetables
3. Saute your vegetables in the saucepan for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften
4. Add your vegetable or chicken stock and bring the mixture to a slow boil
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes until the vegetables have completely softened
6. Using a blitzer, blitz the soup until it is nice and smooth. Then return to the heat and bring back to the boil
7. At this stage you should taste the soup and season to your liking. We like to use good ol'fashioned salt and pepper
8. Serve and enjoy!
9. If you would like to save your soup for later leave it cool down completely and place in the fridge in a sealable container. You can also freeze the soup to enjoy at a later date.