To celebrate World Porridge Day, October 10th we have decided to share with you our favourite Porridge Bread Recipe!
It is so versatile, sweeten it up with cinnamon and banana or spice it up with fennel seeds and turmeric. Porridge bread is a great alternative to your ordinary loaf as is wheat free, gluten free and flour free. Here our take on a simple mixed seed porridge bread.
- 300g Porridge Oats (Gluten Free if required)
- 500ml Natural Yogurt
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tsp Bread Soda
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Seeds (this is your preference but we like to use sunflower, poppy, pumpkin, sesame, chai)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Add the natural yogurt to a bowl and mix in the beaten egg
3. Using the empty yogurt tub, measure two tubs of oats and add to the yogurt mixture.
4. Add the mixed seeds, bread soda and salt and gently fold together.
5. Pour the bread mixture in a greased loaf tin. Sprinkle with seeds and oats for decoration.
6. Bake for approximately 35 minutes
7. Remove from the oven and wrap in a clean tea towel for 15 minutes
8. Serve and enjoy!
Top Tip: We like to toast our bread and spread honey on top - it is delicious.