You’d be forgiven for not knowing too much about Phytoceramides, as they’ve only recently been launched and cleared by the FDA - here is all the information you need.
What are Phytoceramides?
Ceramides are skin penetrating components that have the ability to penetrate all four layers of your skin and help it to lock in moisture. The ability to lock in moisture helps your skin look younger, plumper and healthier. The effects ceramides result in wrinkles appearing less pronounced and the skin is rejuvenated giving you an overall younger appeal. Ceramides used to come from animal sources, but now, phytoceramides are being extracted from wheat, rice and sweet potatoes.
According to experts, much like CoQ10, humans lose ceramides as they age and as a result, the skin starts to wrinkle and appear rough. Therefore, by taking phytoceramides, you should be able replace the lost ceramides and reverse the effects of aging.
These plant-derived supplements, borne of rice or sweet potato, have been recommended by Dr Oz as a natural alternative to a face lift or other surgical procedures, effectively plumping the skin from the lowest dermal layer through to the top epidermis and keeping us looking younger and healthier, who doesn't want that!
How do they work?
Phytoceramides have been found to contain lipids that contain the same properties as those naturally present in our skin. Thus these lipids act as substitutes for your own lipids and help plump up our skin.
- Unlike other skin products, Phytoceramides have the unique ability of being able to penetrate all the four layers of the skin and successfully lock in moisture deep in the skin.
- Phytoceramides act as a stimulant for collagen production which increases skin elasticity and plumps up the skin. Beauty Complex by Revive Active contains both Phytoceramides and Collagen, further helping to improve the structure of the skin.
- They encourage the development of a protective barrier that protects against inflammations and infections, sun damage and dry patches.
- They keep your skin hydrated by retaining moisture which in turns helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Phytoceramides have also been found to have the ability to slow down the skin’s aging process and even reverse already existing signs like crow’s feet from deep within the skin.
So why take Phytoceramides when many beauty products already contain Ceramides?
As the saying goes: real beauty is skin deep. Applying ceramides on the top layer of your skin will only allow them to penetrate the skin up to the second layer at most. This means that you are only treating the symptom and not the cause. Like our Joint Complex product, we work to treat the cause of problems which results in long term fixes, rather than short term relief. By taking phytoceramides, the contents will be able to travel with body fluids to all parts of the body including the four layers of skin. This causes internal improvements that penetrate outward, so that the root cause of wrinkles and signs of aging are reversed and improved from the inside out!
Also, taking them is much less hassle than a daily routine of expensive skin creams, scrubs, rubs, massages and more! I don’t know about you but the day is already short enough for all the things life throws at us, so anything that makes the day easier and gives better results is definitely worth considering!
Beauty Complex by Revive Active is the first product of its kind to enter the current beauty market. The main ingredients in Beauty Complex are:
- 100mg of Phytoceramides (dervived from rice)
- 7,000mg of Marine Collagen
- 100mg of Hyaluronic Acid
To date no other company has combined these powerful ingredients at these doses in a formulation before. Beauty Complex is a comprehensive formula which addresses every aspect of skin aging in the body through its range and amount of ingredients - it is unmatachable!
Like our other products, Beauty Complex comes in sachet form in a 21 day supply. You can purchase it online or in all good pharmacies and health food stores.
Are they safe to take?
As already mentioned, Phytoceramides are derived from natural sources. This means that they will have very few side effects.
If you are considering Beauty Complex, as with taking any new supplement, we would recommend consulting your doctor if taking any other medication. It is also advised not to take Beauty Complex while pregnant or breastfeeding.
It should also be noted that there are no limits on the duration of use.
How quickly will I see anti-aging results?
When taken consistently results will start to show in around 8-10 weeks, so stick with it. It may seem like a long time, but remember - it is working through 4 layers of skin from the inside out. We recommend taking Beauty Complex for a minimum of 10 weeks and then advise to go on a maintenance dose of every 2-3 days depending on how well your skin is reacting to the product.
What else can I do to boost my anti-aging results?
As well as taking a Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid, which are proven to help skin, nails, and hair, you can also combine your supplement with a weekly facial scrub or massage. Other things you can do that will help to keep your skin young and healthy include:
- Drinking lots and lots of water
- Cutting down on drinks that will dehydrate your skin, including caffeine and alcohol
- Exfoliating your skin as often as you can. Buy them in a shop or else make your own - here is a recipe for one of our favourites
- If you smoke - STOP! Easier said than done, but we all know the effects that this can have on our skin.
- Always use a UV protection – in your foundation, moisturiser or anything else you use. Include it as part of your daily routine.
- Find the best moisturiser for your skin. Some people like to invest in expensive lotions and potions - others rely on budget creams - find what suits you and stick to it!
If you have any questions on Beauty Complex or any of our other products please contact email@example.com